Here is what goes into the Cinnamon Walnut Banana Muffins
Prep Time: 20 min, Total Time: 25 min
2 cups of almond flour
2 medium very ripe bananas, (plus an extra for decoration)
1 cup of medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
¼ cup of liquid coconut oil
1½ tsp of vanilla extract
¾ cup of walnuts, chopped/crushed
2 tsp of cinnamon (and extra for dusting on top)
¼ tsp of pink sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin tins with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Use a fork or whisk and stir until all combined.
3) In a food processor or blender, combine dates and bananas. Pulse until combined.
4) Then add eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Pulse again until liquid mixture is combined.
5) Add wet mixture to the dry mixture in a large bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix well.
6) Carefully fold in the walnuts and continue to mix.
7) Spoon the mixture into the sprayed muffin tins and top with slices of banana and dusts of cinnamon.
8) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean, but don’t poke through the banana!) and enjoy the yummy smell!
NOTES: You #BABES could add in some crushed up HU Kitchen Sea Salt Chocolate to make these chocolate chunk banana muffins! Yum!