Here is what goes into the Creamy Tomato Soup:
Prep Time: 30 min, Total Time: 1.5 hours
4 large size organic tomatoes, washed, dried and cut into fours
8 Roma tomatoes, washed, dried and cut into fours
2 sweet onions, diced
4 springs of fresh thyme, stems removed
1 large head of garlic
2 cups of chicken bone broth (I love Bonafide Provisions)
½ cup tomato paste
2 cups of packed baby spinach, chopped
1 cup of fresh basil, chopped
½ ripe avocado
3 tbsp of coconut aminos
4 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp of dried thyme
1 tbsp of garlic powder
pink sea salt & pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Toss the tomatoes with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of dried thyme, a nice pinch of pink sea salt and black pepper & put them in a medium sized pyrex (I use this one).
3) Cut the top of the head of garlic (so you expose the cloves) and drizzle with olive oil, season with S&P. Wrap the entire thing in tinfoil and place in the same pyrex as the tomatoes. Place all in the oven to roast for around 40-50 min, or until the tomatoes are starting to brown.
1) In a medium or large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, spinach, basil and cook until wilted/translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
2) Add another tablespoon of olive oil and add in the tomato paste. Cook that for an additional 5-6 minutes and mix thoroughly.
3) Once the tomatoes and garlic are done, in a blender, pour in the roasted tomatoes with all their juices. Squeeze all the garlic cloves out of the roasted garlic. Add the onion, spinach, basil & tomato paste mixture, the bone broth, fresh thyme, avocado, paprika, coconut aminos, garlic powder, and S&P. Blend until very smooth!!
4) Taste and adjust seasonings to preference!