Here is what goes into the One Pan Pesto Salmon and Roasted Veggies:
Prep Time: 15 min Total Time: 40 min
FOR THE SALMON:
2 filets of center cut wild caught salmon (6oz)
1 bunch of asparagus
1 lbs of brussel sprouts, cut in half
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of dried oregano
1 tsp of dried basil
Pink sea salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE PESTO:
¼ cup of olive oil
2 cups of packed fresh basil
¼ cup of nutritional yeast
1 cup of cashews, roasted
½ of a lemon juiced
¼ tsp of sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Remove the tough ends of the brussel sprouts and asparagus. Cut brussels in half length wise (I even like to shred them a little).
3) Place them on the baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray. Season evenly with sea salt & pepper. Place them in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
4) As the veggies are starting to cook, wash the salmon filets and pat dry. Drizzle with a little olive oil, the oregano, basil, sea salt and pepper.
5) Put all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
6) Once the veggies are done, take them out and toss around. Make some space and place the salmon in the middle of the veggies.
7) Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for 12 more minutes. If you like the pesto to be warmed, take the pan out at 2 minutes left and cover the salmon. Cook for the additional two minutes.
OPTIONAL: I love to top my salmon with some microgreens for freshness!