Here is what goes into the Dreamy Spring Kale Salad:
Prep Time: 15 min, Total Time: 15 min
6 cups of finely chopped green kale
1 1/2 cups of shredded rainbow carrots
1 cup of green apple, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup of dried currants
(Get them in the bulk section!)
1/2 cup of pine nuts, toasted
Finish with lemon juice, olive oil, pink sea salt & pepper
1) Wash and dry the kale. Lay it on a cutting board and remove large pieces of the stem. Cut it really thin.
2) Throw that in a bowl and add the carrots, currants and green apple.
3) In a small frying pan, briefly toast the pine nuts until they start to brown. Add them to the salad bowl.
4) Squeeze half a lemon and drizzle with olive oil. Add pink sea salt and pepper to taste and toss!
5) For a more complete meal, top with your favorite protein (salmon, grilled chicken or shrimp)
**If you are not one to trust yourself with knives, buy pre washed/dried kale and just tear it into little pieces!