Here is what goes into the Suz Turkey Burgers (Gluten Free/Paleo):
Prep Time: 25 min, Total Time: 45 min
1 lb organic ground turkey
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 sweet onion, finely diced
½ cup spinach, finely chopped
½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
sea salt & pepper, to taste
1 tbsp of avocado or olive oil
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Place a large saute pan over medium and heat the oil. Add onion, carrot, pepper, spinach, basil and garlic. Season with sea salt and pepper and cook until fragrant. Place in a large bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes.
3) Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and set aside.
4) Add the turkey meat to the veggie mixture. Add the egg and remaining spices and mix together until it is really combined.
5) Spray the parchment paper with olive or avocado oil and form into medium size burgers. Make sure they do not touch.
6) Place in oven and bake for around 30-35 minutes, or until the top of the burgers start to brown.
OPTIONAL: Try grilling some pineapple for plating! Adds such a yummy flavor dimension!