Here is what goes into the Taco Style Shredded Chicken:
1 lb of organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp of olive oil
½ cup of medium salsa (I use Muir Glen)
¼ cup of hot sauce (I like Cholula)
1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
1 white onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of oregano
2 cups of chicken broth or bone broth
Sea salt & pepper to taste
1) Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat
2) Add the chicken to the dutch oven and space out as even as you can
3) In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until fragrent. Add to the chicken.
4) Add the remaining ingredients to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Let boil for about 5 minutes then reduce heat to a simmer.
5) Cover and let simmer for about 90 minutes.
6) Take chicken out and put it on a cutting board to shred.
7) Once shredded, add the chicken back to the pot and let cook on low heat for an additional 20 minutes to absorb the liquid.
***THIS COULD ALSO BE DONE IN A SLOW COOKER.
Follow same method, just cook on low for 4 hours!