Here is what goes into the Green Cauliflower Soup:
1 large sweet onion, roughly chopped
1 cup of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 green zucchini, roughly chopped
2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
2 cups of kale, sliced thin
1 cup of broccoli florets, cut into florets
1 cup of fresh basil, sliced thin
1 bunch of fresh parsley, slice thin
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp of coconut aminos
2 tbsp of organic olive oil
1/2 tbsp of cumin
4-6 cups of filtered water or low sodium organic vegetable broth
(I like to stick with veggie stock, but sometimes I will split half & half)
Sea salt & pepper to taste
OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup of toasted pepitas, cilantro or cubed avocado for topping
1) In a large pot, add olive oil, onion, garlic and celery. Season with S&P and saute over medium high heat until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
2) Add in the cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini. Season again with S&P and add the cumin. Continue cooking for about 5 more minutes.
3) Pour coconut aminos and stir till combined.
4) Add cups of broth or enough liquid to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the veggies are cooked through.
5) Add sliced kale, parsley and basil. Continue to simmer until they turn bright green. Immediately turn off heat.
6) In bathes, puree the soup in a high-powered blender. Leave out some of the soup for a more piece-like consistency. May not be the most stunning color but this soup is FIRE!
7) Add lemon sext and juice. Season with additional sea salt and black pepper.
8) Ladle soup into soup bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately and…