Here is what goes into the Sweet Potato Pad Thai:
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 20 min
FOR THE PAD THAI:
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
half a red onion, sliced
bunch of green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup of mung bean sprouts
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
1/2 tsp of black pepper + more to taste
2 tsp of garlic powder
2 tsp of dried ginger
4 tbsp of sesame oil
2 tbsp of arrowroot powder
FOR THE SAUCE:
1/4 cup of coconut aminos
1/8 cup of fish sauce
1/8 cup of brown rice vinegar
1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
juice of half a lime
2 tbsp of date syrup
1 garlic clove, minced
pink sea salt & pepper to taste
1) Place a large pan over medium high heat and add ½ tablespoon of sesame oil. Peel and chop off the ends of the sweet potatoes and use a julienne peeler and peel them to their core.
2) Toss them in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender but not too soft. Once done, take off heat, put in a bowl and set aside.
3) Slice the chicken breasts against the grain into thin slices and then into squares. Place the sliced chicken in a bowl and season with pink sea salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp of arrowroot starch. Toss to coat all of the chicken evenly.
4) Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil over med-high heat in a large non-stick pan. Add chicken and sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Then add in the red onions and continue to sauté for about 4 minutes.
5) While that is cooking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce into the blender and combine. Adjust seasoning to preference.
6) Turn heat down to medium-low and push the chicken onion mixture to the side of the pan. Whisk 2 eggs together, then pour them into the pan on the empty side. Let them set and then chop up and toss into the chicken&onion.
7) Turn the heat down to low and add in the sweet potatoes, the mung beans, the green onion, and the sliced almonds. Toss until combined and then pour the sauce lightly to start. Use as much as desired!