Here is what goes into the Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato & Pomegranate Seed Salad with Rotisserie Chicken:
Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 30 min
all white meat organic rotisserie chicken, shredded
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 bag of shredded brussels sprouts
2 tablespoon olive oil
pink sea salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup pepitas, toasted
FOR THE LEMON MANUKA HONEY DRESSING:
half of a lemon, juiced
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
1 tbsp of manuka honey
1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1 generous pink of pink sea salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until sweet potatoes are well coated. Season with pink sea salt & pepper, to taste. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
3. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet and let it get hot. Add the shredded brussels sprouts and season with pink sea salt & pepper. (**Optional: I sometimes add a bit of chicken bone broth to these to get them soft and it adds a yummy flavor!).
4. Once the brussels start to get soft, add in the shredded chicken and combine so that the chicken absorbs the flavors.
5. Once the sweet potatoes are done, remove from oven and place them in a large salad bowl. Add brussels sprouts, shredded chicken, pomegranate seeds, toasted pumpkin seeds, and mix.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, white wine vinegar, manuka honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, sea salt & pepper. Pour dressing over salad & gently toss.